Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Swatting a fly

A funny thing just happened and I actually thought to blog about it! I was in the kitchen making Reilly breakfast and a big, fat, lazy fly flew right in front of my face. Of course I grabbed the closet roll of paper to take a couple of swings at it. As I am taking shots at the fly, I look over and Reilly has gotten into the dishwasher and has grabbed out a metal measuring cup. He is closely watching me swat at this fly and a look of pure joy crosses his face... I can almost see the idea pop into his mind... If mom can do it then so can I. He then starts laughing his head off while smacking this metal measuring cup against everything he can find. The hardest part was that I knew he felt like he could do it without getting in trouble because he saw me do it. How do you explain to a one year old that I can do it, but you can't?

No comments:

Post a Comment